Monday, February 7, 2011

A Birthday Luau

My daughter celebrated her sixth birthday this weekend and we decided to have a "Winter Luau" since the weather in Phoenix this time of year is usually beautiful (my other kids have summer birthdays so outdoor parties are usually a bust:) Thank the Lord that the sun was shining and the kids had a blast!
I lucked out and found some hibiscus print table runners for $6 at Dillards
We had made tissue paper flowers for centerpieces
each girl got to chose a grass skirt and a lei as they arrived,
 and then they made lei bracelets or anklets as a craft (here is the birthday girl)
I also got some adorable printables from Love the Day on Etsy
sorry for the lame pictures, I was too busy to take good pics so these don't do them justice but here are more pics of the printables taken from Love the Day Blog
We had a pinata (that held like 5 pieces of candy so I had to have 2 pinatas to prevent a revolt)
we also played the limbo, pass the coconut (think hot potato) and learned the hula from a DVD...
It was so fun and easy, there are a HUGE selection of Luau items
from both party stores and Oriental Trading.
Put a birthday luau in your back pocket...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, you are so creative! I love your ideas! Looks like it was a great party!

Related Posts with Thumbnails