What's Fall without caramel apples? It's an easy, fun family activity that we attempted last weekend....even my teenager helped, although he would never admit it.
What you will need:
6 small apples
1 pkg caramels (14 oz.)
2T water (or 1T heavy cream if you have it)
6 popsicle sticks
1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
2. Twist off stems and push popsicle sticks half way into clean apples where stems used to be.
3. Melt caramels in the microwave or saucepan over low heat.
(Add water or cream when melted-stir in.)
4. Dip apples in melted caramels to coat. Place each apple, stick side up, on waxed paper.
5. Refrigerate until the caramel is firm-about 1/2 hour.
Roll in fun toppings if you like.
Hint: Clean out that pan right away. I was too busy admiring our finished product that I let the left over caramel sit in it and, boy, was it a nightmare to clean. I would've just thrown it in the trash if my husband wasn't sitting right there!!
Jen is thinking about doing these over the weekend since the wait for trick or treating until Sunday night is going to be brutal!
Put an autumn treat in your back pocket...