Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gallery Wall

We love how photos truly personalize your space.  They tell people where you have been, who you are and what is important to you. One easy way to display photos is to create a gallery wall...

You can keep the photos all black and white or all color, choose similar frames or an eclectic mix...there are no rules! If you need help where to start there is this tutorial from Roost Home and another great post on this subject from Simply Seleta.
When we remodeled I added a wall to enclose the playroom which created a hallway. I think everyone was a little leary of this plan but I knew right away it would become a gallery wall and a way for guests to get to know us right when they walk in the door. I organized mine chronologically (Jen & Steve getting married, before kids, baby number 1, which of course has the most pictures, baby number 2 and 3 hasn't really made it up there yet...he is 2!:) and made all the photos black and white and bought black frames from JoAnn, Target or Michaels.
I layed them all out on the floor to organize first...
and then lots of measuring and lots of nail holes later...
As I mentioned before it needs to be updated and added to but I love walking by it every day.
Put a gallery wall in your back pocket...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails